Perhaps you can find adapter which transforms your factory head unit's CD changer inputs into AUX-in? That way you would probably get much better sound than via FM.

Been there, done that.

That was my first try. MB uses a Fiber-optic connection between EVERYTHING. The Changer has a dual fiber input to it. It's actually pretty cool, but there isn't an aftermarket add-in for it yet (and probably not for at least a year, based on my conversations).

I HAD one of those (actually I still do) for Alpine that I hoped would work, but recently they moved the whole control system over to Fiber. It's still Alpine, but it's a F*cked up protocol from what I can tell. The Radio and changer have to be programmed see each other on the bus... They will work at first when you do the installation, but after about a week or two, enough errors will be generated, that the MB computer shuts the changer down. Then, go to MB, let them hook up a laptop to the system, and program it. It will work without a problem then.

It's sort of cool having a car this intelligent, but I've heard horror stories about getting the system to accept aftermarket parts. If the part doesn't generate exactly the same current draw or signals, it shuts it down. Try replacing the headlights with Hids? (55w normal H7 bulbs, with 35W HID system... ) The computer sees less of a draw, assumes something is wrong, and shuts them down to prevent damage. Tell it you have Hids installed, and click, everything works well.