Ugh! Perhaps you should really go the FM route, then...

Of course, it did not appear to designers of this marvel to provide AUX input....

Well... Truth be told.... The Comand system (MB's Nav gear, with lcd and all) does apparently have an aux in capability. It's not advertised, and it's not easy to get to, but it is possible.

The problem is : a> I don't have it, on this car. b> it's really sorta a piece of junk, and c> I can't put it in this car without about $5K of modifications, plus the MB tech time.

The other problem is that with it installed, there is no space available for the empeg...

FM it is. The good news is that the tuner in the MB is really pretty good. That Clarion module looks to be pretty good, so I'm hoping there isn't going to be a huge drop in quality. I mean MOST of the degradation of FM is from the Station compressing the [censored] out of the music, and dropping freq, so it sounds good on ALL cars, right? Plus of course, the signal levels are going to vary, and wave patterns are going to be affected by the terrain...

That SHOULDN'T happen in this kit.... I'm guessing I'll see a bit of a reduction in the dynamic range, due to bandwidth capabilities, but otherwise, it should be a clean signal. Unfortunately, I have no experience in the FM changer field...I always went for the headunit controlled variety before.