90% of the detectors are dummys ... I wouldn't want a detector in my car.

I have one of the 10% that are pretty smart, the best radar detector on the market IMHO: The Valentine One.

Oops, my fault, I ment :

90% of the camera's are dummys ... I wouldn't want a detector in my car.

They rotate the camera's constantly... The flashes work though...

I am not someone who is racing through the neighbourhood; within city limits, I mostly obey the rules. When I speed, it is rarely because I am in a hurry. I just think a higher speed makes my ride more enjoyable. That's the main reason why I don't have one. Using a detector feels like sticking your middlefinger to your highschool teacher when he's standing with his back to you, though you know it would have felt much better if you did it in his face...

I don't hope I start a flame-war now

My experience with the police is that you can go 135 where you are allowed 120, and no attempt is made to pull you over. Worst case is a policeman waving to slow down. People getting pulled over are excessive speeders ( 150+ ), emergency-lane drivers, bumper-glue-ons, slow traffic ( 70- ), ghostdrivers, drunks, bikers without helmets, trucks with cattle, overloaded caravans, etc, etc...
I'm leaving for vacation in a few weeks, so I'll have the chance to have a few hours of allowed speeding in the south of germany if the weather is good. Last year,when it was raining, we were passed by a mercedes which was going 160+.
A few kilometers ahead his car crashed in a concrete pillar. Not a pretty sight...

Well, all I wanted to say is that I'm glad I'm living in this small, liberal country called the netherlands. There aren't many places in the world where you can ask a policeman for directions while smokin a reefer

Frank van Gestel