And Another Thing

This is an UNOFFICIAL message board, i was/am simply expressing my POV on the events of empeg's demise and such as I SEE THEM. No one has the ability to tell someone else they are wrong when they state an opinion..that is the great thing about opinions. I tell you what, when WMA and tuners are both available, i will be thrilled.. my post pertains to where i see SB going wrong.. and having worked for large firms that specialized in given fields and seeing 2 big ones go under.. i am simply stating that if this sort of product line/pricing regimen continue, SB has no future.. portable players are great but how many companies are now in that market that weren't a year ago? TONS. I hope SB does succeed, i really do. I think the products that have been coming out are fantastic.. but not for the prices they are asking. The only way to lessen production costs is to make the technology more mainstream.

Look at WAVO. Anyone know anything about that company? Fantastic ideas, crap implementation. Can't draw a direct parallel between the two, other then the fact that both pushed technology ahead of its' time. WAVO failed miserably. In their case it wasn't end users that had to pay tons of $$ it was ad sponsors.. the bottom line is, with the economy how it is now, how can one possibly think that TOYS in the realm of $1000 can support a company? i will be surprised if the marketshare for portables doesn't drop, then again there may be something new and fantastic only SB has around the corner that saves them that loss.

I still think you need to fire the e-commerce company, i am sure you are paying them boatloads of cash and well.. they just don't deserve it. In fact i would love to know who they are so i never use them.

It would have also been really nice to get notification there were no more tuners.. and may never be again(perhaps there will be, that would be fantastic).

Anyway, this post was not a target TOWARDS the SB guys that come here to post.. or to help , or the board mods.. it was simply to vent my anger #1, and to explain where this kind of action takes companies, which is directly out of business.

"A few weeks ago there were lots of flames from people who placed orders at the store over Christmas and believed they would not receive those orders, when in fact the vast majority of them did so."

majority of them? should they have even been able to order if it couldn't have been fulfilled?

Edited by rockstar (18/01/2002 00:02)