In reply to:

... a suitable enclosure for the thing. I finally decided on this one...

Do you have dimensions for the box? I'm cramped for space inside my home enclosure, but there's a space of about 8x6x8cm if I can move leads out of the way. Otherwise I'll have to mount it externally or swap with the one in the car.

In reply to:

There are two boards, which connect together in a vertical stack about 3/4 of an inch apart.

If space is an issue, can they be mounted side-by-side (in a different enclosure, obviously)? Or are there connectors which depend on the alignment?

In reply to:

I have added value to the tuner!

Is it possible to distinguish the new tuners from the original, in software? I'd like to be sure that any software that uses your new features won't break a standard tuner (and vice-versa). You said earlier that you were reducing the tuner ID to two bits; does this mean that the other two bits on a standard tuner will appear as inputs?

In reply to:

... as much ability ... as a blind 15th century norwegian peasant with no hands, one eye, and a wooden appendix.

A gem!

Again, thanks for making the effort. I'll be getting one, even if it does mean having to invest in a sensible (small) soldering iron.