Hi.

I have been beavering away at a spreadsheet, working out the cost of making the kits available to you, the deserving public. It's looking eminently feasible, although it's going to cost me several thousand quid to get the first batch out the door.

At this time I'm not going definitely to commit to making large quantities just yet, but I'd say it was about 85% certain and rising that this will happen. Initially, the price I have come up with as being viable is about 110 UKP or 160 USD, plus shipping. This last item will obviously vary considerably depending on method and destination, and is still subject to research.

I am aiming to have credit card facilities in place by the time this all happens, although the first few might be done via Paypal or some such method. The intention is, assuming all goes well, to produce batches of 25 kits, shipping one batch before starting the next.

After a few batches, I should have the capital to increase the batch size, which will speed things up considerably.

The idea is that the kit will consist of the PCB set, the predrilled box, all the components, the mechanical mounting bits and pieces, precut lengths of wire and connectors to make the wiring harness, and the instructions, all in a sesame seed bun (or cardboard box, which will probably ship better). I will hopefully have something working for the Great Dutch Meet, and should have a better idea of everything that's currently up in the air a little.

At the moment, I'm not taking orders. When (and if) I'm ready, I will set up a web page where potential buyers can contact me with their details. Since the batch size is small, there will probably be a bit of a wait, but assuming all goes well it should be quite short.

Patrick