I am pleased to announce the release of emphatic v1.0, a lyrics viewer for your empeg. This program was based on elperepat's previous work, and I would like to again thank him for sharing his source with the community. I hope that I have improved on his work, and I hope you all enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Please read the README which is on my website and included in the archive for instructions on installation, etc. It should be straight-forward, providing you know how to use FTP and how to edit your config.ini to execute the program on startup.

I've also included a utility for tagging your MP3's with lyrics from LRC files. For Windows users, this is apparently the only game in town for adding lyrics in SYLT format. For *X users, I suggest using an XMMS plugin called SingIt which seems to write lyrics in ID3v2 SYLT format. Unix fans will take great amusement from the fact that they get a nice, pretty GUI to add lyrics in one step, while Windows users have to use a command-line utility, at least for the second step. I suggest that until someone writes a WinAMP plugin to do it, Windows users use one of the existing plugins which can write LRC format lyrics, and then use my utility to import those. Details are in the README file.

Anyway, head over to my empeg page at http://empeg.webhop.net/ and give it a whirl. Enjoy!