---- I forgot to note that I didn't modify the directories in the FTP batch file at all ----

Well, that could be a problem because most people don't have a directory named /usr/local/bin on their player. This is the frustration with having no standard install process/setup... The thing is, if I chose a path which already exists on peoples' players (/bin, /usr/bin, etc) those tend to get overwritten by an empeg software upgrade.

Anyway, best thing for you to do is probably to create a main directory off of the root directory. Fire up Hyperterminal or whatever terminal program you might have, quit out of the empeg player software with 'q' and then type the following:

rw
mkdir /programs
ro

Then you will have a /programs directory which won't get overwritten during an upgrade. Edit the FTP script, changing /usr/local/bin to /programs, then re-run it. You should be okay then, assuming you added the ;@EXEC entry properly. If not, start up the player with your terminal program logging the startup messages and post them here.

HTH.

Edited by yn0t_ (11/02/2003 11:40)