i would like to be able to control a changer with the empeg... there are sure to be times when i would not get around to ripping a cd or when i just got a brand new cd or borrowed one from a buddy when i would very much want to be able to play a real live cd... another example, which is important to some that would enjoy an empeg, is IASCA competition (which for the most part requires the media to be an actual compact disc) or any other other time when compromising sound quality is not acceptable...

usually i much prefer an in-dash cd player to a "remote-mounted" changer unit, but it seems to me that adding a cd changer is a much more practical option for most folks (myself included) than adding a second head unit and using the aux inputs, at least in the instance of the empeg...

i would also like to see digital inputs implemented so that i could take advantage of the (is it) 18 bit dacs of the empeg instead of the dual 1 bits of most changers, and perhaps the dsp functions, etc... if i were to use a changer equipped with digital outs (as is my older model clarion 18 disc changer)

it would take less effort on the part of developers for me to just use a changer with rca outputs and a wired remote, but then there is the nuisance of the added remote, the compromise of using the dual 1 bit dacs, and the aux inputs that i would be using for an in car entertainment/video system would be occupied...
--
sancho
greedy