I don't see the point of allowing the empeg to control a cd changer when you can have all you music on the empeg. If you want to have quality sound for competition, the empeg will eventually be able to play wav files-which are the same as cd quality.

you neglect to mention that to get a wav file onto an empeg i have to rip it from a cd and then load it from my computer to the empeg... which takes time... say, i'm on the road or i'm having computer problems... and i have some new cd's... there are just times when i will want to be able to play a cd... it's going to happen... and i would find it very practical and useful to be able to control a changer with the empeg, instead of mounting a seperate head... i don't have room in my dash for a second head... so i am looking at having to remote mount a single cd slot... and then there are the issues of controlling this unit... and every head i have laying around has high voltage outs which may not work very well with the empegs 1 volt input(i happen to have a few, but most people do NOT)... i don't think i am wrong to wish for this... i think it would make a very convenient solution for cd playback... much more so than adding a cd transport and such to an empeg as has been discussed here many times...

perhaps we could get someone from empeg involved in this thread and stop trivializing my motives and needs...
--
sancho