Ok, but we still need control from the Empeg. If most changers are going to be proprietary and need a PIC, with each brand needing a different program in the PIC, then we could accept a standard Empeg command. That shouldn't be that hard to implement.

I don't think we a huge amount of features from the Empeg, at least to start with. Omit all the cool stuff for a first version, like CD Text, CD naming, and all that stuff. Just give us simple command like play, pause, next track, previous track, disc change. At that point, if enough people are taking that route a whole protocol for talking with the PIC's could then be setup to do the more advanced functions.

All we/I need is the functionality in the Empeg at this point then. A simple setup option in the configuration in Emplode to turn Changer control on/off.

I am setting up to learn how to program in Linux. Never used till now. So I would need help in that arena. At least in getting started. I know other win based programming languages, so my knowledge should be easily transfered.