What is actually required for the Empeg to control a changer of some sort?

I would think it would be as simple as a physical connectio to the changer. By taking the din cable from a changer and splicing out the audio leads to a set of RCA's. We connect those to the AUX in on the Empeg. Now take the wire required for power and hook them up accordingly. The next thing is to attach the serial lines to the Empeg via the serial port. At this point all physical connections have been made.

Next we need a software patch in the kernel. We need for the Empeg to take IR commands and send them via serial to the changer when in AUX mode.

Basically all changers no matter what brand use some sort of serial interface. We need you guys at Empeg or some developer to pick a changer and make the software patch.

Empeg's biggest feature, over being able to play endless hours of music, is that the system, being upgradable and expandable via all the ports, can be the most versitile system on the market. Not to run down the Empeg but, with Kenwood and other makers now putting MP3 reading into some decks, that cost much less than Empeg, the Empeg's storage isn't it's best feature. LEt's make the Empeg do everything possible.

I don't want to just ramble on here about this, I want to help if no one want's to provide us with the support. Anybody that can get this project started can have all the help I can offer. e-mail me if interested.