After a couple weeks of hacking, here is another emphatic release. This MAJOR release includes a number of bug fixes which should help out with some of the problems of the initial releases. Horizontal scrolling speed should stabilize better, and overall performance should be better because I'm using a new ID3 tag library, and because the reading of lyrics is now in a background thread. This library also reduces the bloat of the executable from 2+ megs to under 400k. Hoo hah!

But who cares about bug fixes? Well how about some new features! emphatic isn't just a lyrics viewer anymore. With a few additions to your config.ini (see examples in the README) you can have *customizable* full-screen info modes, which can also have lyrics on them. Fields on the custom info screens can scroll, and the scroll behavior can be configured (again, see the README, it's kinda complex at first.) If you want other ID3v2 fields available for the custom info screens, let me know.

Also new in this release is the ability to use remote buttons for emphatic's menus. Again, read the README.

Anyway, there are probably still a bunch of bugs. The custom info mode is experimental, and the new ID3 tag library works for me, but hasn't been widely tested yet. Let me know how you fare with this version, and as always, report any bugs right here.

Go get it, folks!

http://empeg.webhop.net/