There is. emphatic -m 3. I forgot to add it to the README but it's there. If you're so suited for QA work, I'm assuming you would have tried that!

Yeah, well suited for QA work, but also lazy. Don't forget I was fighting with syncing all day. I can only break 1 thing at a time. Good to know it's there, though.

I'll see if I can come up with something next time, but this isn't very high on my list. I kinda thought people would use the one FID structure, then when the new one becomes the default (in the next release, I guess?) they'd switch. Having both seems kinda yucky to me.

Definitely my bad for not specifying that in the requirements. I don't know if there's ever a real world situation where someone will end up with a player like that. Mine's like that, though, and the explanation goes back to the aforementioned laziness. I switched everything to the new layout for kicks and giggles, then when playing around with the lyrics, just moved my test files back because I didn't want to rewrite my script to move everything back. Hijack and the player both look in all 4 places for the fid, so I didn't see any problems until playing with emphatic again.

Now, whether or not you want to do that in emphatic comes down to whether you think any normal people (i.e. not me) would run into this situation. There must be some possible way for this to happen, or else they wouldn't have backported the code to read the new directory structure to the 2.0 player right? I guess someone out there is adding music with a post 2.0 system but then loading 2.0 betas on it.