While the gold star is nice and all, I guess I still don't get it. Am I the only one seeing this behavior? I know lots of people have posted that they have trouble syncing, but they're running stuff from the music partition, and when they move it, it appears to be okay for them. Other than the curse on me, is there any reason why this would be happening to me and not others?

This illustrates why I'm very well suited for QA work. The curse that I have means something breaks just by me going near it. With software I consistently expose bugs that no one's seen before on the very first time I run it. I'm not as much help in diagnosing the problem, but I'm glad to see that my blind stumbling in the dark will lead to a solution.

Now that I can move past that, here's a couple more things I was wondering about. First, there are command line options for horizontal and vertical mode; how about one for the custom mode?
Another thing: you said the next version would hadle milliseconds, right? Does lrctool already handle milliseconds in the SYLT frame writing, or does that come later, too?
And one more: --newfid seems to only look at the new fid structure. If you have things in the new way, emplode will still write songs in the old way, so you'll soon have a mix of old and new. Is there a way to make --newfid look for the new fids in addition to the old fids?

That's all for me for now, I hope...