Not quite where in this thread this should go, so forgive me for following up myself (hmmm. Not a nice thought )

So, I'm speaking to one of the most tech-savvy people I work with about the Empeg. I mentioned this thread and read selected bits. We were talking particularly about the Journo's anti-price stance. Neville wanted his say, so here is what he typed:

--------
Yes, listening to the arguements about the review of the Empeg would lead me to this comment. OK, I am no tech-nerd but I work in the industry and have at least some grasp... my opinion is that the Empeg is a fantastic piece of kit. I think that this represents the way of the future, and I hope that the guys have got their patents well and truly sorted, since everyone is going to follow; they have to.

Having said that though, I wouldn't buy one; and Yes, the main reason would be price. Simply that if I can spend less money and get something that does what I want it to do, why would I pay more money for something that has (albeit wonderful) features that I don't really want?

So if the reviewer was representing Joe Average, and given that Journalists (at least in my experience) aren't the world's greatest thinkers, then the
conclusion is not that unreasonable. Like I said though, it is a fantastic piece of gear, I'd take this as "opportunity to improve" rather than "criticism".
--------

I should also add that Neville was so impressed with my Empeg, he's done much to promote it to his peers back home in Australia.

Nick.

--
18Gb blue - s/n 080000299 (original queue position 8724)