.. and given that emplode and the player software is (to some extent) still evolving, it would be a bit of a moving target.

To be honest, the extent of any improvements to the manual (a la "standard" manuals produced by companies like Pioneer/Alpine/whatever) would be difficult to define, and the coverage required would be extensive. I realise it would not be a simple task to carry out, but this is mainly (I think) 'cos it looks like an insurmountable task at the moment. The sooner that an effort is started, the better - this would pay back in time as only incremental changes would be necessary as the release process advances the feature set; the mountain would gradually get smaller and eventually be much easier to maintain.

An opening for a professional documentation expert at empeg, maybe?

Or alternatively, how about an "Open source handbook" project? There are many lucid writers on this board, and I am sure they could winkle out and document all the unit's features in short order, generate copy for factual checking by empeg Ltd. and then even go so far as template it and lay it out for paper or PDF release. What about it?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015