Empeg may loose a few sales due to this player, but it's not going to be anything major. Most people who would even look at the empeg and the Aiwa player in the same light would turn the empeg down for price right away. But looking at the empeg for what it is reveals it never was in the same light. The empeg is in a class that has very few other competitors. Once the Mk. II ships and developers have some time with it alongside an API for the player, the empeg can safely be put into the CarPC category. I probably would have gone with a custom in car system if the empeg was just an MP3 player. But it can and will be so much more then that. If I were to put some time into it, I'm sure I could have a few of the features from the AutoPC from Clairon in the empeg.

So yes, I stand by my point that a $300 MP3 and radio only player at 10 hours max will not directly compete with the empeg CarPC MP3+other future format player.

Honestly, the true audio fan will see a player with 10x capacity of a CD, and one up to 800x, and turn the 10x one aside right away without any other features needing to be brought up.

My empeg site is:http://24.236.3.131/empeg/