In reply to:

I'd like to suggest that people don't get into a flamewar here. The post is obvious flamebait from someone who knows very little about the car player, and doesn't even have the guts to login to the BBS. Maybe it's the same guy who's being a dick on the mp3.com hardware discussion at the moment, who knows.

Save all the great advice for people who are actually open to other viewpoints.

I just thought I'd like to mention a few things. I never had the opportunity to read the "flamebait", but I'm sure that flame messages could have a slight negative impact on the morale of customers and the empeg developers. I'm sure that the empeg guys get lots of feedback from all the experienced empeg owners out there to lighten their days against attacks of this sort.

I'd like to offer my feedback from the perspective of a newbie to empeg, as well as a person without a great deal of money, and as a person that is definitely not an audiophile or enthusiast. I hope that it helps contribute to the overall morale of empeg (customers and developers), and illustrate that not all newbies share a flame point of view.

I have never owned or seen an empeg (other than videos). But from the first day I saw the empeg site and screen shots, I had to find out more.

Since then (almost two months), I am very hyped over the empeg. I was hyped about the Mark I and didn't even know there was going to be a Mark II at first. The Mark II pretty much gave me wood . I have since begun saving up every penny towards getting one of these players.

Even though the empeg unit has a large price tag attached, what has been the real selling factor for me and why I'm encouraged to buy an empeg is what I have seen from the community and empeg's staff. It is obvious that empeg is a company that has very good business ethics, but at the same time has a lot of care and consideration for their product and customers. Empeg is a company that has a lot of faith in their product and is motivated to please it's customers (both with technology and support). I am impressed with the empeg staff involving themselves with the community so personally. All this in combination with the excellent conversations and testimonies on this BBS truely make the competition look silly. I think that empeg has created an exceptional product with amazing potential, and a product that I myself believe in.

As a customer, I prefer to deal with companies that can see past the dollar bill and recognize that they have customers who are real people!

I don't think I can ever look at another head unit seriously again .

I've seen and researched details on the empeg car and I've sparked in the interest in all my friends, whom have passed that knowledge down the line to others. When I get my empeg car, it is my intentions to register it on the developer site in hopes that someone here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada will be interested in an empeg and wanna see it in operation. It would be nice to be able to promote such an awesome product that deserves as much attention as it can get!

The only thing I'm sad about now, is that I've run out of things to read about! I wish I had an empeg right now!

I don't think I'm the only stranger to share this opinion. I think the empeg guys are doing a great job and I can't wait to buy one. My sincere thanks and appreciation goes out to you, Rob, Hugo, and all you other empeg guys (and I don't even have an empeg yet)! Keep up the excellent work!

Actually, the community deserves some thanks too. The enormous amount of information I've aquired from all of you (tfabris, dionysus, hell there are too many of you to list) has been invaluable.

I hope this little ramble has helped to make the empeg guys realize just how much new people to the community really believe in the empeg car and it's developers!

Kureg