Quote:
Quote:
Okay, I give up. What do I need to click on in Gimp to change the colour?

Nice job on cleaning up the edges, how do you do that? I did the corners manually, but your method looks smooth.

The basic idea is that selections follow pixel boundaries, so if you chop something up based on a selection, you end up with hard edges the way you did. The effect isn't so noticeable if the transition is between similar colours, but it's harsh when going between contrasting colours (or colour to transparency). Cleaning that up is simply a matter of manually applying a bit of anti-aliasing.

It's in the post above, but the simple version is that, after you make your selection for the interior, you can convert the selection to a path, and then stroke the path with a small fuzzy eraser with an opacity of 50% or so. The jaggies are still there -- that's just the nature of the square pixel beast -- but you can't see them because the eraser modifies their transparency so that they blend better.

Quote:
Attached is a simpler xcf file. To change the lens color, select the "lens color" layer and then use the bukkit tool to fill that layer with the foreground color. Slide the layer transparency slider to get the right amount of opaqueness, then save as png.

I went with the slightly more complex version because if you keep the text layer the same size as the fascia layer, the black background shows around the fascia corners. It's not noticeable in gimp, but it is on a web-page with a white background.

An alternative would be to have 4 layers -- the black background, the empeg_screen, the lens, and the fascia. The lens and black background are both just simple squares slightly smaller than the fascia -- heck, you could make them 2pixel square images, and stretch them with width and height attributes in the html.