The marriage thing needs to be taken care of federally and with an iron fist. Period. These "religious" (I don't recognize the mormon "faith" as a religion) groups can self-delude themselves at their own places of worship instead of being allowed a voice to influence public matters.

Hopefully another supreme court fight can strike down the Prop 8 amendment. I'm disgusted with the travesty that just transpired, and I'm not gay nor do I live in California.

In theory, this can also be seen as a case of one faith (multiple faiths actually) trampling on the rights of another - and now the Californian constitution doing the same. A State marriage should have nothing to do with religion. If your particular faith wants to promote inequality, that's its business, but the state shouldn't be following suit or enabling it.

Freedom of religion is only a good thing when it protects the interests of your particular religion according to some. For faiths that do support same-sex marriage, there's no freedom here. In addition of course to a non-faith-based civil union which would require only one's personal freedoms being respected.

I'm surprised we're not seeing motions to repeal women's right to vote.