Great list, Bitt, and there's one or two I hadn't heard of before that I'd like to check out.

Lets see if I have some additions, and I have more to say about some that you posted:

APPS

Amazon - I love Amazon, and I use their app to browse and order things with my Prime account all the time

Doggcatcher - still pretty much my favorite app. a podcatcher. Google Listen is awful compared to this one, which has more features than you can shake a stick at. Plus, this is one of the best developers around, one who listens to his users and implements features they request.

Email to Self - I knew I would use this extremely simple app so often that I didn't mind paying for it. All I use it for is to be able to put an icon on my home screen which, when pressed, does nothing but open a new GMail compose window with my own address in the To: field and the cursor in the subject. I use it constantly to send reminders to myself. I'm actually quite surprised that this isn't built into Android, like shortcuts to calling or texting are. Guess Google, like everyone else in the mobile space, is obsessed with texting and completely forgot email...

Filer - file manager. great for cleaning off my SD card of the cruft that various apps deposit and don't clean off when I uninstall them.

Foursquare - yup, for some reason I find it fun, even though the app/idea is pretty pitiful if you don't live in a major city.

Greed - I seldom use it, but if I'm waiting around somewhere and really want to check the feeds in my Google Reader account, this is the best app for it (not, God forbid, the mobile Reader website, which is abysmal). Props to this developer for not requiring a login, which sketches me out in other apps.

gTasks - not on the market (if you're interested, let me know). ties in (without credentials required) to my Google Tasks list. Pretty much the only thing that makes Google Tasks useful.

Key Ring - keep meaning to use this more. lets you put all your membership cards (ones with barcodes) in your phone, so you can use your phone on the scanner instead of carrying all those cards in your wallet.

Movies - easily the absolute best app for movie showtimes. loads the times in-app instead of opening a damn browser (I hate apps that load the browser). There are at least three apps simply called "Movies," but look for the one with the popcorn icon, possibly with a blue background.

OI Shopping List - if I don't use this app when I go to the grocery store, I will forget something. If I go to the store with a paper list, I tend to forget at least one thing. With this app, I can check off items I've found so I know I got it. For example, I'll hit the produce section, checking off items as I put them in the cart. Once I'm done in produce, I'll hit "clear completed," and all I see on my list now are items I still have left to get. Extremely useful. This is one of my favorite apps lately smile

Pandora - of course

Quick Uninstaller - going through the app market or settings to uninstall is annoying, and this has a bunch of features that I haven't even used yet, like backing apps up to SD (though I'm not sure how well that works)

Quickpedia - so far, this is the simplest, fastest, and best laid-out Wikipedia app I've found for Android, and as of a couple months ago I'd tried all of them (about 5 that I could find). The one problem is that for some unknown reason, development on this app seems to have stopped at least 10 months ago. As a result, it seems like every 5th time I try to launch the app, it force closes. Argh. Still, I reference it ALL the time.

Weatherbug - it kills me to recommend a Weatherbug product, as I'm used to their desktop software being filled with spy/adware (though perhaps it isn't anymore), but they do have the best weather app for Android. The Weather Channel one blows.

GAMES

Bonsai Blast - basically Zuma, but there's things I like about it more than PopCap's original. I was skeptical if the concept could work with the inaccuracies of a touch screen phone, but it does!

Radiant - like Bitt mentioned, a top-down space shooter. Easily one of my favorite Android games. The full version of the game is quite long, a great bang for your buck. Plus, since I first bought it, they've released about a dozen updates, including one that nearly doubled the length of the game. A good developer.

Robo Defense - FUN tower defense game. Gets a tad repetitive a little later on, especially if you realize that the game is easy if you:
Click to reveal..
Do nothing but upgrade missiles. Missiles are all you need to advance in the game. That and 4 or 5 freeze towers in a level and you can win every time with even a slightly creative layout.

Wixel - essentially single-player Boggle. Hey, word games are fun smile I hate that Bookworm isn't on Android.