Strange, I guess Motoblur replaces the built-in phone app. I agree that these replacement UIs are a problem, and frankly none of them are very compelling to me, so I wish they'd just leave them off or let you turn them on/off. The latter is difficult due to how deep these UIs have to dig into the OS.

The plain vanilla Android OS is fine for me, and while it's not pretty, I like it a lot. We'll see what it looks like when Gingerbread comes out, which is said to mainly focus on the appearance of the OS.

By the way, I just remembered that Motorola decided that when they put their UI on the phone with their widgets, they would remove some of the standard widgets, including the Google-created weather and news widget. I've heard really bad things about Motorola's widget, so it's very annoying that instead of giving the users a choice, they went so far as to remove the default widget entirely instead of just having it not enabled from the get-go.

*edit*
Question, though: what do you think of the phone, other than these various annoyances? Naturally, it takes some time to get used to the idiosyncrasies of a new platform, but do you have any opinion yet?

*edit 2*
BTW, apparently Popcap is hoping to have their games ported to Android this year. I can't wait for Plants vs Zombies on the go. I've been so annoyed that for over a year, the only game they had on the platform was a crappy Bejeweled game that everyone ignored for another similar game.

Edited by Dignan (16/07/2010 13:51)