Re LauncherPro:

I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm also very happy with it. I also like having a greater icon density, though it makes the homescreen look like crap in landscape (which the app even says its self when you enable it), but I've disabled landscape in the settings. The reason the density is important to me is because I actually don't want more home screens. I spend about 90% of my time outside of apps on my initial home screen, and rarely go to another one. This is because I use App Organizer to make those great folder replacements, and I feel like a single tap to open one of these is much faster than swiping even to the adjacent screen, let alone the last one. I like how in LauncherPro hitting the home button brings up thumbnails of all the homescreens to it's quicker to navigate to them, but that's still more movement than a single tap.

So yeah, pretty much the only reason I use LauncherPro is to fit more on the screen. I like having more rows and more icons on the bottom. Frankly, I wish I could make the home screen icons smaller so I could fit even more in one screen, but I'll live with this.

Re SoundHound:

Thanks for the info! I'll try that one out. I actually frequently need to know what a song is when all I know is how to hum or sing it, and Midomi... Ha! I just went to look up Midomi, which has been on the iPhone since forever, and always made me jealous because you could sing into it, and it turns out that it's the same app, they just renamed it.

I'll give it a shot. I don't like the larger file size, but I don't think I have unlimited Shazam searches anymore, even though I did have it before (I think I've wiped my phone since then, so that's probably why). Anyway, thanks again.

Oh, and I'm sure all Android owners are fully aware, but Angry Birds is finally out (in beta, at least) for Android. It works perfectly fine for me, and it's so refreshing to actually see a first-class game on Android. Maybe Popcap will get off their lazy asses and FINALLY release a decent game/port for the platform.