Originally Posted By: JBjorgen
A note about the list applications: I'm trying to find one that is really simple and really good. When in Belize, I'll only be going to the city about every other week, and when I go, there's a million things to remember. If you forget, you're screwed or you make a 3-4 hour round trip the next day to get what you forgot. Any suggestions for good list apps would be great.
Has to handle multiple lists and sync online.

I mentioned one in my post. Look for what I said about OI Shopping List. I use it all the time. And happy birthday!

Originally Posted By: tfabris
Quote:
Key Ring - keep meaning to use this more. lets you put all your membership cards (ones with barcodes) in your phone, so you can use your phone on the scanner instead of carrying all those cards in your wallet.

They can DO that?

Apparently. They have plenty of tips on how to maximize the chances that the scanner will read the screen, like keep the screen dim and hold it a certain distance from the scanner.

I suspect the scanners in the airport are tweaked to read a phone screen, whereas the ones at the grocery store are set up for paper, but will work with the phone if you adjust the phone to work within its range.

Edited by Dignan (09/02/2010 21:51)