Originally Posted By: Dignan
I guess it's one of those experiential things. I know that the last time I complained about bluetooth, Trevor called me crazy because he's never had problems with it, but a couple other people agreed that they've had problems with it.

You said that Bluetooth was a failure on the whole because you've had issues with it. You're completely writing it off because of that and claiming that it is a failure and then expecting everybody to agree with you. The couple people who agree with you will have to argue against the millions that successfully use Bluetooth every day.

I have never had an RF mouse flake out on me or drop its connection.

My MX Revolution uses a regular RF link and I've had it act oddly occasionally. The AP for my desk is actually near where I use my mouse so if I'm transferring a large file, the mouse cursor will suddenly get very jerky. I've learnt to live with it but I'm not too disappointed or annoyed about it since I know it is close to the AP.

Also, for some reason, after the MX1000 it seemed to be a long while before Logitech made another rechargeable mouse. That bugged me. I can't imagine buying a mouse that takes batteries these days, given how fast you go through them.

The downside of that is the built in battery is difficult to replace. I assume that the MX1000 uses a similar battery to the one inside my MX Revolution. It is a small LiIon battery pack which is replaceable but you need to dismantle the mouse to do so. This means peeling off some of the plastic glide feet off the bottom of the mouse since they didn't intend for you to replace it yourself.

The new mice however take a rechargeable AA battery and there is a hatch on the bottom to replace it.

And I prefer the way the MX1000 recharges to the new mice from Logitech. When my mouse runs low on power, I just pick it up and drop it in its cradle.

The lack of a cradle in the newer wireless Logitech mice is actually a feature they list. The more fiddly charging method is offset against the alledgely vastly improved battery life of the new mice. I've not actually tried the charging cable on the new mice as the demo unit at the store didn't have it out.

If it wasn't for the changed scrollwheel and the missing buttons on the side, I'd be quite happy with the new features and changes in the Performance MX.