Originally Posted By: hybrid8
I'm still wondering why no one can make a usable BlueTooth mouse.

I'm probably completely off-base here, but if my mouse is BlueTooth, it works just fine. However, I don't know what technology it is. It is a Microsoft "Model 1008 wireless optical mouse", it has a receiver that feeds mouse movements into a USB port and keyboard* data to a PS2 port. The mouse fits my hand perfectly, and it's just amazing, the cursor on the screen moves in synchronization with the mouse on my desk when I move it. It has a left button that clicks and lets me select things, it has a right button that clicks and selects other things, and a scroll wheel that scrolls the screen up and down when I move it. I can even click the scroll wheel if I want, but haven't found any compelling reasons to do so. It runs on a pair of AA batteries and the first set lasted the better part of a year. (The receiver is powered by the USB port)

So, the question is... what more could I want from a mouse?

*I don't use the keyboard that comes with this setup, I will never give up my Gateway Anykey programmable keyboard -- see the attached list of macros I have stored and use pretty much daily!)

tanstaafl.

Attachments
Keyboard Macros.xls (182 downloads)