The MS mouse I just bought does proprietary RF using a dongle *and* Bluetooth. You just flip a switch to your preference. It can also charge its battery using a magnetic connector that can be plugged into a USB port.

Bluetooth has sucked for mouse use in my experiences with Logitech products under both Windows and Mac OS. For the most part Bluetooth has simply become a synonym for "wireless mobile headset." The technology promised a lot more while it was being developed and previewed.

I don't have any issues with the Apple BT keyboard I've been using though. Seems quite adequate for that.

I've had reception issues with Logitech's proprietary RF at times, even when the charging base station was within a meter of the mouse. Same with the MS mice - and in fact with the MS stuff I had a hell of a time using two of their products (different models) at the same time. I had to resync one product, and if I was using a Logitech wireless keyboard, then it was a complete show-stopper. Seems the mice could only pick two specific to cycle between, each conflicting with something else.