Try an iPad Matt, then come back. Maybe the Samsung is the best Android product out there, but I felt there had to be something better. It doesn't speak well at all for other tablets if the Sammy is the benchmark...

The big issue with the Samsung is that it's the same price as the CURRENT iPad (and $100 more than the previous). And sorry, it's just not anywhere close to an iPad and there's no way in this or any other hell that it should command such a price. If it were $299 for the 16GB model then it'd be worth looking at.

Oh, and I've already spent waaaay too long researching this online only to come up with squat. Lots of "review" sites contain nothing but empty praise for every single Android tablet, even when they have a shoot-out of 10 of them. It's infuriating. There's promise of some lower-priced Samsun models in May, but who knows if they will even make it to market. The new iPad pretty much tossed the tablet market on its ass again.

If it weren't so small, I'd just tell them to get a Kindle Fire and STFU. It's slow, but at least it's cheap. Though it's also kind of small...