See, that's another PITA for Lion. Auto-correct. Which I like and dislike at the same time.

My biggest peeve in Lion is the move to auto-save. While the theory is decent, the implementation is horrid and horribly broken. It's far easier now to corrupt your work than it has ever been. I've lost new content in Automator just by answering one of the oddball dialogs that gets displayed by the OS when you're opening/closing auto-saved files.

But back to Android for a moment... And it's not the OS per se, but the same old companies releasing the same old products.

HTC completely screwed the pooch with their latest, releasing a product called "ONE" in no less than 3 versions. WTF? If the product is called "ONE" doesn't it stand to reason that there should only be one actual device? It doesn't matter who makes their software, this company will never get anything right and won't get anywhere while they're riding the coat-tails of someone else. Unfortunately they were novel and original far too long before the market were ready for them. And couldn't change the market because they were hitching their horse to someone else's software.

Back to ASUS, courtesy of John Gruber quoting Engadget's review of that dongle:
Quote:

We did encounter a snag using it however, our tablet would randomly reboot every few minutes while the dongle was attached, though a sticker on the kit’s front implores users to update their slate before use. Our tablet is up to date, of course, but we wouldn’t be surprised to see a compatibility fix in the coming weeks. Despite matching our Prime’s color profile, the dongle is a little on the ugly side, facing its screws towards the user, rather than hiding them on the tablet’s back. Hiccups and eyesores aside, the attachment works, plain and simple. It isn’t as elegant of a solution as we might as hoped, but at least it’s free.

How can a company like ASUS be taken seriously? A few years ago I stopped buying anything ASUS - so glad I did. Bold highlights applied by me. This dongle is a band-aid to address an issue in a shipping product. And ASUS release it incomplete with problems of its own? WTF.

Just recall the tablets or give everyone a substantial refund, not a crappy dongle.

Edited by hybrid8 (23/04/2012 19:03)