this is absolutely rediculous, depressions is a disorder that demands treatment for those that suffer from it.

my brother suffers from depression, anxiety disorders, and addiction (as said before often hand in hand) and he is on a number of medications just to keep him halfway normal during the day, if it were not for his medication (I hate saying it) but he would probably be dead by now by his own hands. fact is, I don't have depression and I don't really understand it, but that's the whole point, we think about taking our lives and realize it's not a smart thing to do, thinking of our hurt loved ones missing us. where as a person with depression has no regard for his own life, they honestly believe that nobody would give a [censored] if they were to die. for you to say that it's all in their head and they can control it makes me sick. hey I wish my brother could control it, but I've seen him go through anxiety attacks and sleep all day every day of the week from depression far too many times for me to think that he has any control over it.

I personally hope that you don't have a kid that has depression, because it will probably kill itself because you won't get it proper medical attention because you'll simply tell them to "get over it" or some other stupid phrase that DOES NOT WORK!!!

I rarely post much, and I definitely try not to offend anybody, but this thread has pissed me off beyond belief. I understand why you think how you do, but you need to realize that it IS a medical disorder that deserves attention. I used to think the same way since that's how I used to look at it, from my eyes only. as stated before, you need to put yourself into somebody elses shoes. we have some value of our own life, they do not. and it's hard for us to understand.

I'm done
eli