Well said. While I would tend to encourage drugs (not actively, just in my mind) to those who are far enough ``gone'' to attempt suicide, there are certain levels of all things. Not everyone should be taking drugs for all of their illnesses, especially when they are problems not caused by external influence (that is, bacteria, viruses, prions, etc.). For example, there are many people who live with untreated epilepsy because the ``cure'' is worse than the disease. (Note that that is not an inept analogy, as many researchers seem to think that epilepsy and depression are very closely related.) The same can be said of depression, succinctly wrapped up in your statement ``but it is something that makes me an individual''. There is certainly reasonable evidence to suppose that taking Prozac, Imipramine, Zoloft, etc. causes you to be a different person, and it is certainly reasonable to want to be who you ``really'' are. On the other hand, evening out those brain chemicals might make you the person you were supposed to be. I don't suppose that there's any empirical way to determine which is correct. It's simply a matter of personal religion.