OK, having just joined this forum I have a lot to say, but I'll keep it brief. First I'd like to comment on what Sven said and this should be my only reference to religion.

In reply to:

Well, what I am usually saying is that if god didn't want us to use machines or medicine, he wouldn't have given them to us (by making us able to invent them).

God made the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and he specifically said that it's fruits were not to be eaten (or at least not yet.) That should be enough said about that.

OK, got that out of the way. Next a little background. I was diagnosed with ADD when I was about 9 and manic depressive when I was 15. My parents were not favorable (not completely against) drugs and I did not get any for either of these (or maybe it was because we were s#&% poor.) At 16 I attempted suicide and was intercepted. It was after that I decided to take control of my life. I still do not take drugs and I am not saying I am cured, but I learned to live with my "differences." For instance, I found if I multitasked it was easier to concentrate on something longer. I learned to pay attention to how I am feeling and when I think I am heading down emotionally, I do things to eaven out my mood (these are things that are specific to me.)

I do not live a normal life, nor would I want to, but I feel I have control over myself if I try hard enough and take care of my body (eat right, stay active.) I would not expect this to work for everyone. I just know what works for me and thought I would voice my opinion. I do not agree at all with Yz33d, it is not something that goes away, but it is something that makes me an individual. I hope my little tidbit helps.

Daniel