I'm going to be using 4 gauge wire ( I bet you were using 8?), so my install may be a little tougher.

Good luck getting that through the kick panel tunnels along with the RCA cables and everything else. Space is tight.

I'm hating myself because I didn't think far enough ahead, and I've had to dig into those tunnels more than once already to add more wiring that I didn't put in the first trip through. For example, I was all proud of myself when I'd run the RCA cables and power, then I realized, "D'oh! I didn't run the amp remote wire!". And after that was in, I began working on getting rid of some serious alternator whine, and I had to run a ground wire to the trunk. And now, if I want to eventually use those dash speaker locations, I'll have to run more speaker wire.

I see the depth is 1 15/16 for the front doors - good lord that IS shallow!

Yeah, but part of that limitation is a plastic drip shield that you could probably cut out to get more space. Provided you back the speaker with your own weatherproofing, of course- these cars have a wet-door design like most other modern cars, and when it rains it DOES get wet in there. You can get foam backings for the speakers from stereo shops...

I recommend disassembling the doors (carefully!) and finding out how much depth is really available when the plastic drip shields are removed and the windows get rolled down.

Did you notice if there was any room between the door and the grille for a baffle to raise my mounting depth?

Yes, but not much. I have some pioneer 3-way 5's that I want to use in those locations, and the only reason I haven't done it yet is because I'm too lazy to cut the spacer to make 'em fit. I measured, and it looks like I could raise the mountings by the thickness of 1/4" plywood (for my spacer) and still make it under the grilles.

I saw something on the other accord post where you were talking about your imaging being a little off. You really should consider cutting your highs to those rear deck 6x9's - high's coming from behind you totally screw with your imaging.

I'm totally aware of that, thanks. However, my complaint wasn't with the stereo imaging so much as the fact that all of the sound seems to come from the speakers at my feet. There are several factors involved, and yes, one of them is the fact that my rear tweeters are fully active.

However, at the moment, those are the only decent tweeters in the whole car. My door speakers are still the factory ones, so they're all midrange. And they're not tonally transparent, either: You end up hearing the speakers rather than the music. Damn, I gotta get those Pioneer's in the doors.

But even after I do that, simply cutting the highs to the rear speakers won't raise the soundstage. It'll improve the stereo image, but it'll be a nice stereo image centered around my knees. The only way I can really raise the soundstage is to put tweeters in the dash corners, and that's a lot of work for my car. Still, I want to do it and I have two amp channels free, just waiting for the opportunity.

one more thing: did you check in your owner's manual for the mention of the homelink garage door opener system?

Not yet. The manual's in the car and I never think of it when I'm in the car.