OK, let me chip in my $0.02 worth on the wording, after reading all the other subthreads.

Here's what _I_ would do, and then (Rob, settle down), I'll explain why.

Digital Audio (Empeg Logo) Mark II

Now... why would I put in Mark II? Especially when that's not its official name?

I say, MAKE it the official name. Why? First off, it SOUNDS cool as hell. "Yeah, man, I bought one of those Mark II's from Empeg, they hella rock", or whatever punk kids are saying these days *G*...

Secondly, it signifies by its name that this is second-generation gear. There's a psychological advantage to something SOUNDING like it has a lot of testing behind it (even if there were only 500 or so Mark-I units sold) WE all know its had tons of testing -- we did it.. but to the average consumer, Empeg, the company, is an unknown. You're not Sony, or Kenwood, or Pioneer, or anyone they've heard of before. Signifying that "yeah, this is our second generation gear" adds a little psychological weight to the purchase decision.

Thirdly, it may encourage the owner to find out "What was the MarkI?", in which case, if they bought it just "to buy a car stereo" (because I think the target audience on this unit is closer to retail than the geeks like us who bought MkI's), then they may realize the OTHER things that go on behind the scenes, software development, add-ons, hacks people are doing, etc.... point being that if they investigate the MkI, they'll have "one more way" of learning about the other cool stuff people are doing with Empeg's, etc.

And lastly, it's a silent tip of the hat to all us MkI owners who bitched, praised, whined and preached about our MkI's, yielding many (if not most) of the suggestions that made the MkII what it is going to be.

That's my take on it, flame me for it if you don't like it. :)

D