You've stated elsewhere that you don't want ANY lettering on the unit. So, I think you may have already made up your
mind and will not like anything that's mentioned. Just my opinion.

No, I've said that I like things simple but meaningful. There's no need to explicitly name a visual "VISUAL", or a no-info-screen "NO INFO". We don't put "page" in front of page numbers either, at east most of us don't. So if the Empeg folks believe they need to explain Empeg on the front panel, it should also be short and meaningful. The value should be in what it says, not the lettering, or the lenghth of the message. Not at all in a string of impotent buzzwords.

My 2p worth (slightly changed from my earlier contribution)
[Empeg Logo] Random Access Audio - Mark2

Empeg needs to have something on their unit. All the other "big guys" ( . . ) have their names on the front of their product, along with meaningless model numbers ( . . ). Empeg must do the same or they won't gain the market acceptance
I doubt if meaningless model numbers or re-stated obvious descriptions of what the until is supposed to do will increase sales. I do know that almost all of these ugly (?!) descriptions will be facing their owners (who don't need them) for years.

My points is that if there's a need to give a certain message to a prospect owner, it should not be on the face of the unit, but on temporary material supplied at POS, ads, etc. Messages on the unit itself should be functional, and beld in with the design wise. Long-winded descriptions are hardly ever functional, I believe.

In the end, the description is not going to make or break Empeg. Nor its capability to play MP3s. It'll be price and usability (=software). I bet that once Empeg got their production capacity geared up, a few reviews will establish the company, in much the same way as PC-Mag and a few other magazines established the Palm Pilot (which, BTW has nothing but the company logo on the front in plain, white lettering. No descriptions, whatsoever . And Palm are not even an e-commerce company - if Empeg can keep up their customer relations game, tapping the ideas and wishes of their customers, and opeing up aftermarkets, they can't go wrong. I'd wish they'd given a share in their company with every Mark1!!

Henno
# 00120