No offense, Henno, but I think you're a bit biased. ;-) You've stated elsewhere that you don't want ANY lettering on the unit. So, I think you may have already made up your mind and will not like anything that's mentioned. Just my opinion.

As far as the color of the lettering goes, though, it was just a suggestion. I like it on the unit I have. As you said, different responses for different people. But, Empeg needs to have something on their unit. All the other "big guys" (Sony, Pioneer, Alpine, etc.) have their names on the front of their product, along with meaningless model numbers, and even what the unit can do, such as "CD, player, tuner, radio, EQ, high power", etc., which are all overstated. Empeg must do the same or they won't gain the market acceptance and recognizability that their future competitors already have. Who *hasn't* heard of Sony or Pioneer or Alpine? No one who's into electronics. Who's heard of Empeg? US! They need to make a name for themselves and this is the only way to do it. Sony, Pioneer and Alpine are known the world over, but they STILL put their name on their products. Why? So people know who made that unit that caught their eye.

As I said, I'd love to only see the Empeg logo on the unit, but, for now, I think they need something in addition to that. I can just about guarantee that Sony's, Pioneer's, and Alpine's first units will say something besides the company name. They need something that fits into the mainstream, especially in the marketing arena, in this still emerging market for MP3 players. If they don't do this, the products will be mistaken as just being your run-of-the-mill CD player. That's not a good thing!

BTW, gold accents in a car or on a car make me vomit! The gold (thinking about it a little more now) is probably more of a copper. It's not a bright yellow gold color. It's closer to a tan or brownish tint and is pretty dark, so it doesn't slap you in the face every time you look at the unit. It's very subtle, but it stands out when you specifically look at it in the sunlight.

George