Jukebox is precisely and exactly what the empeg is. It is certainly not a LP Vinyl Jukebox. It is not a CD Jukebox. It is not a CD Changer. It is not a CD player. If you truly wish to have a precise labeling of what the empeg is, it is a musical jukebox. You can not argue with that. You can argue that jukebox has other undesirable connotations, since it is a term more widely used decades ago, and is more often associated with another time. I don't believe that using the term jukebox will cause people to believe it is a backwards product. If anything, if empeg uses the word Jukebox the market may well associate all Jukeboxes with empeg the same way Sony has its grips on Walkman and Discman.

Obviously the technology is forward looking, but the marketing trends of the early 2000's seems to be to mine the past and spin a retro look on a very modern product. Look at the PT Cruiser gangster car and the Prowler hot rod as examples of this. Do people think of the gangster car and the hot rod as an outdated unsalable product, nope! I'd say take Jukebox, trademark it or copyright it if possible and run it with.
Calvin