Originally Posted By: Cris

Sorry Bruno, what a crock of shit!

Hey Cris, it's your right to be completely wrong. Apparently Apple thought there was room for improvement too, but I suppose they also don't know what they're doing.

Quote:
Great pictures have nothing to do with the camera you are using.

Great composition and lighting setups have nothing to do with a camera. A good photographer can produce great photos with any camera. There'sno dispute there. I didn't say good photos could not be made with an iPhone (or any camera).

But if you're going to tell me (or anyone) for a second that you could not have taken those shots with any point and shoot, then I'm sorry, you're talking out your arse.

You may be working as a professional photographer, but plenty of people, myself included have many more years of technical experience when it comes to cameras, photos and digital process.

The images out of any one camera, in the same situation as any other camera, may not be suitable, or as suitable for a particular use. I'm sure you're not gong to replace your full-frame Canon with a phone.

Quote:
The iPhone4/4s has very little shutter lag compared to most other compacts I've used.

You must not have very much experience with a wide range of cameras. Try turning on the flash on the iPhone4 - which is a real-world, non-studio application that the general population will use.

The only way to decrease "shutter" lag in an iPhone 4 is to prime the on-screen button and then release to take the shot. The same thing can be done with a half-press on the shutter of most P&S, and many will shoot just as fast or faster. The reason the iPhone 4 has any speed at all is because it's not doing very much at the sensor level nor at the processor level while taking the shot.

Take the iPhone out some day, and do a shoot-off with a P&S in identical conditions. You can't compare studio shots to non-studio shots, so level the playing field. Small web-sized photos also look quite decent no matter the camera used. When blown up to full size, it's a different story completely - and yes, I looked at the full size iPhone sample. The lighting, and your talent, made the shot. Not the iPhone. A better result would have been had with a larger sensor and bigger glass on a P&S. You can't cheat physics.