Originally Posted By: Cris
Originally Posted By: canuckInOR
the P&S camera will give a better result.
Yea, again you are missing the point. It won't necessarily give a "better" result just a different one. That is the basis of my disagreement with both yours and Bruno's point.

By saying you'd be pissed that you couldn't tell the difference between an iPhone photo and an otherwise identical photo (subject, framing, lighting, composition) from your $$$$ DSLR, you're making a statement (or at least, it reads like you're making a statement) about the quality that each delivers, and that you think the $$$$ DSLR should deliver a higher quality photo than the iPhone, not just a "different" one. I.e. you think it should be "better". That's the "better" I'm talking about. It's already defined in your terms.
Quote:
Using a blanket statement that a P&S WILL (that is the important word) give a "better" image. Now that fact is simply not true as you can not judge what I deem to be a better picture.
Okay, I'll concede that a blanket statement isn't correct. I do have some old digital P&S cameras that wouldn't hold a candle to the image quality offered by an iPhone4. For the large majority of current (and recent) consumer-grade P&S cameras from recognized camera manufacturers however, you're going to get similar differences (though, perhaps not by such a wide margin) as between the iPhone and a DSLR. I.e. "better".