If it's written in software, if it's executed by a machine, it can be timed. If it can be timed, it's not zero. It may be close, but it's not the same thing. This isn't an abstract theory.

And while I respect Hugo's insight, it doesn't provide a complete explanation for which frame of the "always filming" is actually stored.

With regards to the camera specifically, it's also been published that the sensor can't capture full resolution as quickly as it can "HD" resolutions. Which translates to potentially many frames per second, but not infinite, not 60, and not 30. So whatever number that is is also going to play a factor here. If your release happens between capture intervals, which frame is used? The previous (if buffered) or the next?

And again, try it with flash on.

I'm still not sure why this semantic argument is now the most important, because it's not relevant, the same as other features such as touch focus. Are you simply trying to make a point that I'm wrong about something? I don't have all the information, so I can't say how it's all working with 100% certainty. And I'd never make the claim that I'm always correct about anything.

I'm finding the personal attack/defense discussion threads extremely boring. I suspect anyone not directly involved would also prefer to watch paint dry. If you know it in your heart that I'm always wrong, be content with that knowledge and celebrate it without having to muddy the discussion with personal attacks. I know that some people will always disagree, and when it comes to things Apple, it doesn't seem to matter whether I'm praising or criticizing. The tech is always going to be great or terrible (or somewhere in between) - but always whatever the opposite of my opinion is on the matter.