Cris, I'm not going to argue this with you. Maybe if you didn't want a strong reaction you'd do best to not poke at people with sharp sticks. If you'd care, please take a look at the various camera web sites and sensor tests including those on DPreview.com. Perform the same tests with the iPhone4.

We're not talking about the quality of photographs based on the talents of the photographer, but simple the quality of the gear. The iPhone4 is a good camera phone and is a passable camera. But it is not, in any sense, a high quality camera.

Touch focus is a feature and not relevant to the quality of the image. Zero shutter lag is something the iPhone, any version, does not have. Even the 4S with supposedly much faster response, does not have zero shutter lag.

My iPhone4 is not better than the worst P&S I have ever used, given the exact same photographic (ie. lighting) conditions. I have used maybe 20 different P&S personally, and can compare what I've used to testing methods on various web sites having reviewed those cameras and others.

I use the camera on the iPhone frequently because *I* don't normally carry my D300 around. I'm not happy with the quality of the images and I do think the 4S improves on this - but it's still a camera phone with a tiny sensor and tiny lens. But as mentioned, my wife normally has the Canon P&S which, in all circumstances bests any camera phone.