? I do make a point of backing up statements through explanation, examples, what-have-you.

Saying someone is "full of shit" is a personal attack. While I don't consider the forum a place full of "strangers" and I post as if I'm among friends, you don't know me, Cris. You don't get to say stuff like that the same way I might say it to one of my buddies or visa versa. My reply to that wasn't any better and at no point did I say it was.

If you want to try and back up your position of disagreement with something anyone has said/written, don't do it by trying to change the playing field or topic. With regards to the comments of the iPhone4 camera which prompted this whole mess, your example photos, which I assume were your backing, had little to nothing to do with anything I'd ever written about the subject. I never said that the iPhone 4 could not take any decent pictures at all. Especially ones under controlled lighting.

Again, in the case of the iPhone 4, if the statement was absolute, it's because the facts are absolute on this topic. But if your interpretation leads you to believe I meant something different than I wrote or intended, the first step would probably be to let me clarify rather than to tell me I'm full of shit.

In case you were specifically (in this case) referring to the Nikon comment, I suggest only that you look at the context of that reply to figure out why I wrote it and why I did so in that manner.

Originally Posted By: Cris
What exactly is wrong with that ???

Something about glass houses, pots and kettles.