Okay, not pimp it, but I'd like to get it up to good working order and for not much money. Here's what I need:

A new battery - is generic okay? I just need an inexpensive black battery

RAM - discussed in my initial Mac ownership thread, though I'm still confused about how much I need in order to max this model out, and whether I can just add or have to replace...

Hard drive - here's the thing: I need no space, I just need fast boot, so I'd like an SSD. What's a good inexpensive but still good value SSD in as small a size as possible? Ideally it should be big enough for OSX, Windows, and about 3GB of files smile

Operating system - What do I need to get from Apple in order to install on a blank hard disk? I want to leave the other disk aside in case I want to go back to it.

Here's what I have so far, and I'd love it if you could let me know if I'm totally off track:

Battery
RAM
SSD
OS - I'm lost here...

I can't find any way to order a disc of OSX Lion, which appears toe be the last version supported by my model of MacBook. I can't get the App Store on my current version of OSX either. So how do I install Apple's OS on a new drive?

*edit*
Also, it would be good to know pretty soon if this is a good drive or not (before the deal ends or it sells out...)

Edited by Dignan (08/08/2012 04:28)