Originally Posted By: altman
I'd not recommend the clone battery. The only experience I've had with non-OEM ones is that they suck. The battery management IC is almost always not correctly configured for the cells they use, and the cells are crap.

But: crucial for RAM and m4 ssd. I've installed 3 m4's in macs-in-the-family and not had any issues.

Thanks, Hugo. I think if I ever have problems with any of these components, I'll go with your parts suggestions. But this go-around was for the cheapskate smile That, and I sadly don't value the MacBook highly enough (sorry!). It was purchased for $50, and I use it for minimal amounts of time, so all I needed was something to keep me happy, and I've accomplished that.

The laptop is snappier than ever, and programs really do seem to load far faster than before. I'm also enjoying the computer far more now that I don't have to plug it in every single time I want to use it. Fortunately one thing OSX does far better than Windows, IMO, is resuming. I almost never had it forget what pages were open in Chrome, even when there was zero battery power.