Even though Google cancelled their launch event due to Sandy, they still announced their new Nexus lineup today.

Nexus 4(.7) is an interesting looking phone. Glass front and back design form LG. Odd to me that it's lacking LTE, but Google appears to be retreating from Verizon a bit after the Galaxy Nexus issues. HSPA+ on T-Mobile should keep US users at near equivalent LTE speeds. Also has a Pre Touchstone like wireless charging option. Storage options limited to 8 and 16GB with no expandability, so not all that interesting to me. During my trip, the 64GB has been handy on my phone for keeping a wide selection of music and podcasts on the device. Also uses an IPS screen, so no pentile issues for those who are bothered by it.

Nexus 7, the 8GB version is gone (good), and now $199 buys a 16GB version. 32 GB is now at the $249 price point, and one with HSPA+ cellular is $299. If I were buying a Nexus 7 to use as my primary tablet, the $299 would be the device for me.

Nexus 10, a 2560x1600 screen (16:10 widescreen) Samsung built tablet. Launch price is $399 for 16GB or $499 for 32, so about $100 cheaper then a similar screen quality iPad. WiFi only. Hopefully it does well enough to encourage more proper Android tablet apps. My other disappointment with the Nexus 7 has been the clear scaled up phone apps from third parties.

Also announced, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Odd reuse of the name, but Android version schemes haven't had much consistency in the past. Newly added, the ability to create "Photo Spheres", aka the VR explorable photos showing everything around you. New Swype like option for input, multiuser option for tablets (nice), and an airplay like option for showing content wirelessly on TVs. They also added some new cards to Now and some other minor tweaks.

Overall looks like an evolutionary move in the Android space, bringing some more benefits to those in the ecosystem. I assume the 4.2 update should be out for my Nexus 7 by the time I get home, so I'll have to check it out then.