Originally Posted By: drakino

I'll be interested in this too, but after the honeymoon period is over with the new Nexus 4. I don't think one can have an honest opinion of an ecosystem until they have lived in it for at least a few weeks.

Ok, the best part of a whole month in and I'm completely and utterly sold on this device and Android in it's current incarnation.

You know when you first picked up an iPhone and played with the operating system and marvelled at how slick it was (compared to "smartphones" of the day), well, there's no difference here in slickness between the current version of iOS and Jellybean.

My thoughts.......

I like that you can decide what Apps you want on your home screen. No Apple, I didn't want Passbook or Stocks (etc) anywhere on my home screens.

Widgets. I have my train times displayed on my homescreen, I see whether my train is late without having to find and launch an application.

Notification bar. Again, this is just dumb in iOS, why on earth are there not icons to say you've got email or a message. Android (and virtually every other phone OS on the planet) have this right.

Tethering, I like the fact that it's my choice on how to use data that is included in my package. I often use it on the train with my Nexus 7 just so I can browse bigger.

Stats, the stats are useful, I can see how much data I've used between a set of dates or in the current billing period. I can see what's using my battery, this is useful stuff.

Battery. No worse than my 4S, probably slightly better if anything. It's a smartphone, I'm used to knowing that if I use it, the battery is going to drain. It's not a feature phone that'll last 2 weeks on standby.

Screen. Awesome, looks beautiful and is a lovely size.

Camera. Dunno, I've never been one for taking photos on a phone, wouldn't bother me if it was the worst camera on the face of the earth.

I've still got 4GB free space on the device, I was never a prolific installer of apps, maybe because there's so much crap out there (A problem in both the play and apple app store). When I do install stuff, it tends to be because it's trending somewhere or because I specifically know that I want it, I don't randomly browse the store and think "oooh...I'll install this".

Speed. Whoosh, this thing is fast and responsive, no lag. It just works. (Where have I heard that before).

If you'd have told me a year ago that I'd own an Android device and that it'd be as good (and better in so many additional ways) as an iPhone I'd have laughed in your face, but here we are.

My name is Adrian and I'm an Android-a-holic.

Edit:

Build Quality. Awesome again, feels solid and a quality product.

Edited by sn00p (13/12/2012 06:33)