Thanks for sharing your followup, and glad to hear it's working out for you.

Hiding unneeded apps, yeah that would be nice. Androids separation of the home screens and app screen is one way to do this, though adds a bit of janitorial work for setting up the home screen. I'd need to live with both on a phone for longer to really decide which way I prefer.

Widgets could be handy, and I do make use of an app that sends push notifications about the temperature outside. Just updates the little red circle with the appropriate number. iOS could definitely make better use of widgets.

The Mail notifier didn't hit me as a big feature, mostly since Mail is in my dock on both iOS devices. I can see the benefit of having it on every screen though for those who really need e-mail.

Did you not have tethering on iOS though? I've been using it for a while, and it is indeed very handy. These days, I tend to tether off the iPad to the phone or the computer, since it's the one device I have with LTE.

Data stats would be very nice to have. Though past experience with the battery stats (on 2.1 with a Galaxy S) showed me that screen was untrustworthy and useless. I haven't spent enough time with that part of the Nexus 7 to see if it has improved.

Any thoughts on the Google vs Apple ecosystem at this point? Thats the bigger question for me these days, and more of the deciding factor if I were to ever switch. Each little device is going to have it's good and bad features, difference in quality and such that can all be dealt with. The ecosystem requires a bit more work to transition between.