I don't know anybody that would not fill an 8GB phone. Most normal people I know have a shitload of photos, video and music and blow out a 16GB iPhone in a couple of months of owning it. These are people who are not into computers whatsoever.

I think if my mom had an iPhone she'd burn through 32GB in no time flat. Normal people don't like to sync stuff back to their computers and manage the contents of their phones to try and keep them lean.

IMO, normal folks are the ones who need the most storage.

If I wanted to think outlandishly, I'd want 1TB on my phone to make sure I could keep all my music and still be able to shoot photos and video. wink I don't actually "need" to keep all my music on a phone, but I really hate the sync process. automatic sync isn't useful at al once you have more music than the capacity of the phone and manually syncing is extremely tedious - how do I know what I'll want to listen to a few days from now?

In addition to TomTom US+Canada (1-1.5TB), I also keep Wikipedia on my phone in English (4-5GB, no photos). Those are the two big ones. Most of the other apps are relatively small, the rest being photos and video, which I do have to cycle off regularly.

This has come up before, but I believe the two technologies that are holding back these devices are still storage space and battery capacity. Each of those is extremely underwhelming and neither have kept pace with other advancements like processing (G and C PU) nor screen/touch resolution.

Edited by hybrid8 (13/11/2012 15:00)