It's a mixture of devices and services. My entire house is Apple stuff now which brings benefits beyond what just one device does. Some small examples of the ecosystem at work:

I edit an address on my desktop using a local application, and my phone has the new address in seconds.

I have a YouTube video on the phone I want to share with friends, so I turn on the TV and display it using AirPlay.

I start reading a book on my iPhone on the go. I resume later on the iPad, which automatically downloaded it and synced my page.

I edit a spreadsheet on the desktop, then edit later on the phone. No manual syncing or digging through folders to find a file.

I take a picture on the phone, and it's on the laptop photo program ready to be edited or shared with no cables.

My router detects a problem with the internet connection and an app on the desktop reports the problem to me.

I watch a TV show on the TV for a bit, but then decide to resume later on the iPad.

I'm on the road, and need a file off the home computer. I simply copy it as if I was on the same network, just a little slower.

If any of these devices fail, a replacement can be brought back to 100% of where the previous device was before the failure.

I'm curious about the similar experiences living in an all Google world. This is stuff I use frequently, and factor in now if I'm looking to go with another device. And I do mentally keep an exit path planned if ever needed from the current setup. So far nothing in the other ecosystems (Google, Amazon, Microsoft) is a 10x jump to really make me go "Wow, thats worth the effort to switch". I may be missing some of the benefits though, hence my interest in others experiences.